There has been a second death linked to the campylobacter outbreak in Havelock North.
The Hawke’s Bay District Health Board states the woman in her nineties was admitted to Hawke’s Bay Hospital during the contamination crisis, which has affected more than 4,700 people.
The DHB say while the woman had campylobacter, she died from an unrelated medical condition yesterday evening.
This comes as the coroner investigates the death of 89 year old Jean Sparksman who died on August 13th while also suffereing campylobacter.
The coroner won’t be holding a formal investigation into the recent death of the woman in her nineties, as there is not direct link to the gastro bug.